Help in times of Corona Crisis
ALL HOTLINES speak Greek and English (and are FREE)
- Domestic violence hotline 1440
- Police 112
- FREE Breastfeeding hotline 80006262
- Ministry of Heath Corona Information https://www.pio.gov.cy/coronavirus/
Birth Forward Parent2Parent Mentoring program (FREE)
Experienced mothers and professionals will support you for free over the next weeks regularly via video or audio calls. This is especially good if you need something regularly from the same person. We are open for pregnant couples and any parent needing a bit of extra support.
Birth Forward directory (sleep consultants, breastfeeding, birth preparation and many other individual services in Cyprus related to the period of pregnancy and the first 2 years of babies life both for parents and babies, …) We don’t list Gynaecologists or Paediatricians.
If you are not well, worried, angry, sad…. but you don’t know what help you need, call 99992477, message Birth Forward on FB or email email@example.com
Parenting Preparation and New Mum support and online classes
Lots of services are for FREE during corona times or OR if it’s financially challenging for you, speak to the facilitator about finding individual solutions.
- Check out our weekly live online classes schedule for pregnant mums (continuously updated) e.x. Pilates, Yoga, Breastfeeding, Birth Preparation and much more…
- Baby Buddy for Cyprus – Online platform for new parents with daily texts and small videos with information and support through pregnancy up until the 6th month of baby’s life in plain English, Ελληνικά, Türkçe, Русский and العربية . (FREE)
- Mummy and me Wellness Center 97872346 regarding pregnancy, birth preparation, clinical pilates and more according to needs (GREEK, English)
- all our doulas and midwifes from our members are in general great in supporting pregnant women that feel they need it and can do this over video and audio chat Maryline, Tanny (English) , Aimilia (Greek), Liza (Russian, English), Stephanie (Greek, English), Zehra (Turkish)
- hypnobirthing is really great for dealing with fears: Justyna (English), Smile Hypnobirthing (Greek, English)
- Free online Baby Wearing Support Veronica
Helplines for families (all FREE)
- Ministry of Education helpline for parents of schoolchildren 22800800 Monday-Friday 8am-1pm.
- Διαδικτυακές Υπηρεσίες Συμβουλευτικής και Ψυχοθεραπείας! Μεσω Skype, Viber, Messenger και What’s Up! Για πληροφορίες επικοινωνήστε στο 99720418!(FREE)
- IPSEPA – Institute of Psychotherapy, Professional & Personal Development : 70009057 (Free appointments online for 50 min by professionals in training.) (FREE)
- Psychological support and empowerment service of health professionals by TEBAK 08: 00-22:00 call 25002900 (FREE)
- Hope for Children 22103234 and online chat https://www.uncrcpc.org.cy/ (If you are a parent or a child and you need support and guidance or you know someone who may need it, you can contact us 24h) (FREE)
- Children and Teenagers until 18 years phone 116 111 (FREE)
- Cyprus Youth board hotline 1410 (FREE)
- Cyprus Samaritans pick up unwanted items 4pm until midnight 80 00 77 73 (FREE)
All school and nursery teachers usually should be open to support you and kids.
Here are a few good online sources (all FREE)
Articles for parents from our locals
- Georgies Mummy: A NEW FAMILY REALITY – WAYS TO SURVIVE LOCKDOWN WITH KIDS
- Mums in Cyprus: Tipps for smoother lockdown living
and sites or groups that provide regular activities
- Birth Forward facebook page
- Fairytale museum daily facebook life GREEK reading of children’s books by Cypriot actors and others
- Cyprus Youth board
- Just search for facebook groups, there are tons on kids activities during lockdown.